Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Editing Merely Players

Dug out Merely Players today and began some editing. It's looking like it will have performance space next fall, so it will need to be ready to go by no later than the start of next semester. I finally have figured out which piece of Shakespeare the one scene I hadn't figure out will use. I had been looking for some sort of triumphant group scene to convey the troupe coming together but was having no luck. But I finally settled on using the St. Crispian's Day speech, broken up between all the various characters, to convey the scene of unity and working together to achieve something that I was looking for. I just need to figure out exactly how to distribute the lines, and connect it to the other scenes. Also, I used to have a stage manager character that I had to cut because there wasn't enough lines for him, but Bernie suggested he be included as a humorous silent character who acted only in pantomime, which is an interesting idea. So I must figure out where he can come back in, and what funny things he (or she) could be doing in the scene. When the script is finally whipped into shape I think I will post it and see if anyone has any suggestions for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...