Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New butcher shop

Bernie and I finally checked out that brand new little butcher shop that opened where Danger Planet used to be. It's actually a little more of a deli than a true butcher shop, which disappointed me a little; I was really hoping they'd produce their own cuts there so I could learn to ask for what I wanted, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Still, they have some very nice meat there and some really gorgeous fish; I saw an enormous whole red snapper that they could fillet up right in front of you nice as you please. We bought three really nice-looking and fairly reasonably priced rib-eye steaks, rubbed them with olive oil, oregano, basil, rosemary, salt, and pepper, and threw them on the broiler for six minutes a side. Came out quite tasty. I'm pleased to support a small business that is priced about the same as Hannaford meat and looks to be better quality as well, so I encourage you to check that place out next time you want something to throw on the grill.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...